Business Systems Analyst
Organization: Operational management
The business systems analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing data and turning it into actionable and insightful information. The Business systems analyst performs business case analysis, which measures or quantifies the impact and effectiveness of processes and performance. The analyst works directly with the senior management to provide support in the development, analysis and interpretation of complex data sources, query results and business reports.
Responsibilities and Activities
- Work closely with senior managers and project leaders to gain deep understanding of business intelligence measures, processes and projects.
- Provide analytic support in business areas critical to understanding organization’s overall performance.
- Work with high level internal contacts requiring discretion, initiative, motivation and follow through.
- Provide and support the implementation of business intelligence solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders. Identify business needs, determine and execute necessary processes and practices, monitor progress and results, recognize and educate on improvement opportunities and prioritize competing demands.
- Identify, collect and research specific process requirements, gather workflow data and report on projects.
- Develop a high level of reliable and credible information transfer with all who use and rely on the project reports.
- Exercise initiative in exploring and discovering opportunities to improve corporate performance through data analysis.
- Complete business cases in support of projects; participate in and/or facilitate business modelling.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Gather and organize information for reporting on business performance.
- Develop a high level of reliable, valid and credible reports to support business decisions.
- Analyze the data to help interpret reports with stakeholders to assist in decision making.
- Determine and execute necessary processes and best practices.
- Monitor progress and results on projects
- Prioritize competing demands.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Information systems, Operational management, Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics and 2-4 years of analytical experience preferably within an information technology environment.
- Demonstrated general business acumen including understanding of market dynamics, financial/budget management, data analysis and decision-making.
- Preferred experience with mining, managing, and modeling large data sets.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings to leadership and operational teams.
- Demonstrated ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal and/or external clients.
- Advanced ability to operate computers and related software programs including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to write SQL queries to develop, implement, and utilize databases and reporting tools to extract data.
- Ability to conduct analyses using Stata, R, or other data analytic programs and visualize data using Power BI, Excel, Tableau or other visualization programs.
How to Apply
Send your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, and include a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a great fit for our company and the position for which you are applying. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and our vision.