Supervisor: Director of G&A
Department: Financial Operations
What we do at OPIE
At OPIE Software we develop, maintain, and support practice management software for the Orthotics and Prosthetics profession. O&P Clinics around the world use our software to manage all aspects of the care that they provide, from patient intake, scheduling, EMR documentation, purchasing, patient satisfaction, all the way through fabrication, billing and delivery of a prosthetic or orthotic device to the patient.
OPIE sees a future where advanced tech, data-driven decisions, and shared best practices empower Orthotic & Prosthetic experts around the world to deliver the highest level of patient care and receive the highest level of professional reward.
For patients, OPIE means better clinical outcomes and more freedom to live their best life with their family and friends. For practitioners, OPIE means a better business model and protecting the profit that allows their clinics to thrive. For the profession of O&P, OPIE means better information and a stronger community of experts.
The OPIE Family of Companies is looking for an AR Specialist to provide excellent accounts receivable support for back office operations working under the supervision of the Financial Operations Manager. The primary responsibilities will be invoice creation, processing incoming payments, securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and handling A/R collections for all of the OPIE Family of Companies’ customers. A successful candidate must have a positive, deeply engaging phone presence, and be willing to seek and take advice while applying it in real time. The ideal candidate is a conscientious team player; able to provide top-notch service; while maintaining a positive attitude, and possess a good sense of humor. This is a full-time, salaried position expected to require a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 7pm.
- Lead all Accounts Receivable activities, including preparing all invoices for the OPIE Family of Companies.
- Support the sales, customer service and customer success teams with billing related issues.
- Verify validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer success, and customer service departments, as well as from customers.
- Post customer payments daily by recording checks, EFT/wires and credit card transactions; resolving discrepancies as they occur.
- Respond timely to customer phone calls, emails, faxes and mail.
- Maintain data integrity of customer information in all systems. This includes, but is not limited to, updating customer contact information and payment terms in multiple systems.
- Support the order management process, customer contract and document management.
- Summarize receivables by maintaining and preparing reports.
- Evaluate and manage accounts receivable aging report.
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans and payment history, coordinating contact with collections agency as a last resort.
- Support the monthly close of all AR related accounts.
- Assist with departmental vacation coverage as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Actively participate in companywide and team meetings, and ongoing training.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting and finance or related field required
- 2-3 years of B2B customer-facing experience (sales, account management, customer success, etc.) preferred
- Experience with CRM tools; Experience with NetSuite and Smartsheet highly desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in SaaS and/or Healthcare IT a strong plus
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Detail-oriented with a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated team player
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze customer data and create payment plans
- Excellent listening skills, with a strong ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
- Ability to communicate well by phone and develop positive relationships with our customers
- The desire to become fully immersed in the SaaS industry and upcoming technological landscape
- Comfortable with continuous learning through experimentation – this role will require flexibility and agility
- Customer-centric focus, ability to speak intelligently and authentically with customers
- Ability to be a credible resource and to develop a trusted relationship with your clients
- Honest, trustworthy, demonstrates high integrity, awareness, and respectfulness with co-workers and customers. Conducts herself/himself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Reliable, accountable, sets and satisfies deadlines.
- Initiative with proactive sense of urgency. Get-it-done mentality. Proactive in anticipating questions and issues.
- Open and transparent. Gladly and willingly shares information and experience. Solicits, respects and appreciates the views and opinions of others.
- Ability to demonstrate a caring, understanding, but respectfully firm level of customer service as this role will interact directly with customers.
How to Apply
Send your resume to our career center on ADP, and include a cover letter that describes why you feel you would be a good fit for our company and the position you are applying for. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and our vision.
We are passionate about creating a culture inside and outside of our organization that promotes personal and professional growth, constantly challenges the status quo, and of course incorporates a little fun!