OPIE is dedicated to serving the technology and business needs of the orthotics and prosthetics profession. Our software platform provides electronic health records, workflow, billing and practice management to over 1,500 orthotics and prosthetics facilities. Through our technology and consulting divisions and our many partners, we are dedicated to improving the quality of care received by millions of amputees and orthotic patients worldwide.
As a Software Engineer at OPIE Software you will be part of a dedicated team working with the latest technologies and coming up with creative solutions to problems across a wide range of projects from conception to release. Your passion for writing code, solving problems, designing solutions and collaborating with other highly skilled individuals will allow you to succeed in this fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Ownership of product is encouraged and as a member of our team, your contributions will have a positive impact on hundreds of clinics and patients. You aren’t alone. You’ll use Scrum and Agile practices. You’ll follow the team rules; in part, this means that you have to write high quality code that’s for the team and not just for you. It also means that you need to work well with your teammates. Compromise and challenge where appropriate.
We’re interested in the value that you will bring tomorrow. We will help you get there. We’ll meet at least quarterly to review your progress and help provide guidance, resources, and mutual accountability to help you achieve your goals.
Deliver awesome software
- Collaborate with your team, Product Management, and QA to rapidly deliver high quality software
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices
- Recognize impediments to team efficiency and to propose and implement solutions
- Commitment to continual self-improvement and professional development
- Represent OPIE and it’s values in public communications
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to fully complete frontend and backend development tasks
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Self-motivating and self-managing traits
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- Strong understanding of clean code principles, design patterns, relational databases
Please include a cover letter that describes why you believe that you would be a great fit for our company and the position for which you are applying. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and vision.
How to Apply
Send your resume to our career center on ADP, and include a cover letter that describes why you feel you would be a good fit for our company and the position you are applying for. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and our vision.
We are passionate about creating a culture inside and outside of our organization that promotes personal and professional growth, constantly challenges the status quo, and of course incorporates a little fun!