What we do at OPIE
At OPIE Software we develop, maintain, and support practice management software for the Orthotics and Prosthetics profession. O&P Clinics around the world use our software to manage all aspects of the care that they provide, from patient intake, scheduling, EMR documentation, purchasing, patient satisfaction, all the way through fabrication, billing and delivery of a prosthetic or orthotic device to the patient.
OPIE sees a future where advanced tech, data-driven decisions, and shared best practices empower Orthotic & Prosthetic experts around the world to deliver the highest level of patient care and receive the highest level of professional reward.
For patients, OPIE means better clinical outcomes and more freedom to live their best life with their family and friends. For practitioners, OPIE means a better business model and protecting the profit that allows their clinics to thrive. For the profession of O&P, OPIE means better information and a stronger community of experts.
This is a temporary position – with the prospect of turning into a part-time or full-time position.
The IT Ops Specialist duties may include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, answering calls and emails, and receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end-user help requests. You may also be partially responsible for writing reports, tracking inventory, and evaluating new technologies.
- Technical work relating to the administration, maintenance, operation, and support of OPIE infrastructure including aspects of customer service
- Configure and installs IT hardware and software, performs problem diagnosis, and recommends solutions
- Installs and upgrades operating software on PC / server platforms
- Participate in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the computing resources of the organization
- Work with other team members to resolve advanced or complicated issues with respect to computing devices
- Management and setup of user accounts
- Maintain record of remote user equipment
- Support remote desktop services and equipment
- Provide first line investigation, diagnosis, and repair for basic technical problems
- Troubleshoot desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and basic networking
- Maintain and grow an up-to-date knowledge base
- Participate in department projects using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Follow HIPAA security through policies and procedures
- Follow ITIL procedures for change management and proper escalation
- Must be able to lift and move 35 pounds of equipment within and between facilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic IT and technical knowledge with a strong desire for continued learning
- Know how to ask questions to get to the root of the problem
- Standard (CompTIA) troubleshooting steps
- Proficiency with technology, especially Windows and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who seeks to advance team and self-knowledge of relevant skills and abilities
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, or in high-stress situations
- Commitment to team success
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
How to Apply
Include a cover letter that describes why you feel you would be a good fit for our company and the position you are applying for. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and our vision.
How to Apply
Send your resume to our career center on ADP, and include a cover letter that describes why you feel you would be a good fit for our company and the position you are applying for. Keep in mind that we are interested not only in your background and skills, but also in who you are and how you would fit into our team and our vision.
We are passionate about creating a culture inside and outside of our organization that promotes personal and professional growth, constantly challenges the status quo, and of course incorporates a little fun!